Information and Communications Technology Department
The ICT Department offers courses of study leading to external qualifications in ICT and it also supports all aspects of ICT use throughout the school by maintaining the main computer networks and providing advice on their use.
The Aims of the ICT Department are:
• to offer facilities for learning about ICT
• to support and encourage good practice in the use of ICT resources throughout the school
• to promote staff development in ICT
• to offer a high level of support to ICT activities throughout the school
• to stimulate and foster an interest in and enjoyment in using ICT
The objectives are that:
• pupils have opportunities to develop their ICT skills and knowledge
• pupils have the opportunity to acquire qualifications in ICT
• pupils have access to a wide range of ICT resources and the skill to use them productively
• pupils have opportunities to apply their skills in other subjects
• teachers have opportunities for staff development in ICT through in-service training.